sciopath
sciopath began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Hi,

I have a very similar problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosty View Post
Well, let's start from saying how it broke:
I don't know. No one touched the kindle, except from I plugged him into the PC to charge him up. Next thing I see when I turn him on - no books, everything achieved. So I though something froze/bugged/glitched. I rebooted the kindle and.. it froze on the screen with a boy under the tree. Well, so I read it's bricked due to some strange reason.
Same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosty View Post
How did I try to unbrick it:
Downloaded the dvd of kubrick, mounted it into vmware player, gone through the wizard (being sure it's not connected when it shouldn't be, it's charged up). Everything went fine, I managed to go into the fastboot here, it flashed. Then I waited for the kindle to boot to diagnostic mode. Up untill now nothing on the screen changed (only boy under the tree was there), it flashed and (I guess) started loading the diagnostic mode. Then this appeared.
I plugged an USB key with Kubrick on my laptop. Nothing changed on the screen after a "successful" flashing, no diag menu appeared. Still on the tree.

At first I though that my 1.5 years old battery was defective but I'm not so sure anymore since I tried the Kubrick method also with my Kindle directly connected (only the + and - pads) to one of my lab power supply (4.2V). Still on the tree.

What I don't really understand is the fastboot command line. If I follow the "USB debricking for noobs (K4/K5)", everything goes smooth until
Quote:
fastboot flash diags mmcblk0p2.img
always fails after 2 or 30 seconds.
Quote:
fastboot flash diags_kernel diags_kernel.img
works fine
Quote:
fastboot flash kernel main_kernel.img
works fine
Quote:
fastboot flash setvar bootmode diags
works fine
Quote:
fastboot reboot
... still on the tree.

On linux (Alt+F2, root login on Kubrick), /media/cdrom/Kubrick/fastboot doesn't seem to work at all. None of the previous commands responds when the Kindle is fastboot (although dmesg and lsusb detects the device). Neither do the http://www.sudoforlunch.org/fastboot on Ubuntu 13.04.

Any ideas ?
sciopath is offline   Reply With Quote