View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 03:49 PM   #60
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
I don't see that he did anything more wrong than dropbox or even google drive both let anyone upload files and share the link with anyone else, I don't dispute megaupload was swarmed with piracy but the same is true for a hundred different hosts still running. As far as I know all of them have legitimate uses and will remove copyright material if it's reported and Mega will presumeably do the same.

As for the difference between megaupload and them the hammer really seemed to drop when he suggested a future site that would let artists sell their music directly and put studios out of business for proof of that just search his name and megabox and also have a look at the dates I don't doubt for a second that's the real reason behind his raid.

As for the encryption being bad, if SSL is really that bad all online banks should be instantly pulled as that's what they use as well.
The thing is that if you were to upload copyrighted material on Google's or Dropbox's servers, there would be a 100% chance that it wouldn't still be there in 24 hours if it was shared around. Megaupload was known for being the place you could easily get away with having something stay up for weeks. That is why a majority of websites used them to host pirated material. Rapidshare complied more often.

And there's a difference between SSL on a bank, vs on a file host.

Artists can already sell their music directly. Do they do it? No. Most wouldn't be able to handle that sort of approach on their own.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote