View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 06:10 PM   #1
jass richards
jassrichards
jass richards can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.jass richards can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.jass richards can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.jass richards can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.jass richards can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.jass richards can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.jass richards can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.jass richards can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.jass richards can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.jass richards can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.jass richards can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: none
The Road Trip Dialogues - new funny novel from Jass Richards

Rev and Dylan are intelligent, sensitive, idealistic, enthusiastic, and – utter failures. When they reconnect twenty years after teacher’s college, Rev is en route to Montreal to see the fireworks festival. (Something with great social and political import.) (Oh shut up. I tried. For twenty years. So fuck it.) Dylan goes along for the ride. (Typical.) Along the way, they attend a student protest. Against student debt. Sponsored by a car dealership. Understandably, ‘Where did we go wrong?’ becomes ‘What the hell is wrong with the world??’

They spend much of their time in Montreal hopelessly stoned. And looking after cats they can’t find.

On the road again, Rev has apparently lost her struggle to abandon a life of meaning and embrace one of pleasure, and Dylan, having given up much sooner than Rev (after his first day of teaching), decides, having spent this time with her, to abandon his life of pleasure for one filled with meaning. So...

Jass Richards has an M.A. in Philosophy and is therefore a sit-down comic. She is the author of [I]This Will Not Look Good on My Resume[I] and has recently received an Arts Council grant to work on [I]The Blasphemy Tour[I], the sequel to [I]The Road Trip Dialogues[I].

Available in Kindle, Nook, and Smashwords.
Also available in print at Amazon (US and UK) and Barnes and Noble.
Attached Images

jass richards is offline   Reply With Quote