View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 12:58 PM   #3
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
I hope we get to the subscription model. It always benefits the heavy user.

The issue is price. Netflix has a $9 monthly all-you-stream price. Unless their catalog is not to your taste or you're happy with network TV or don't watch much video to start with, or have a lame internet connection (or none) then you'd be a dope not to sign up. Their biggest competition, to me, is Redbox at $1 plus tax (plus transit cost, which is zip if you're out shopping anyway) per DVD for a day.

So books. I try to purchase discounted where I can so I average less than $10 a book (both e- and paper). If you'd present an e-book subscription, reading say one book at a time, it would have to cost me less than $20 a month to be attractive, probably $15. And it would have to have a selection almost as deep as Amazon's e-book catalog. I'm not saying $30 (or even $40) a month would not save me money but I'd only lock into a subscription if it is a no-brainer to me.

The general public should be more intrigued by such a subscription that also provided the hardware for free. As done elsewhere, give away the razor or printer and make your money on the blades or ink.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote