View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 06:12 AM   #4
redbaron101
Zealot
redbaron101 began at the beginning.

Device: palm t3, iphone, bebook (hanlin v3 clone)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWalton View Post
I also understand that the Sony lists all the books on it in one giant list, whereas the BeBook can be organized into folders? (Maybe someone with a Sony or a BeBook can comment futher here?)
hi,

I'm from the uk, and I just bought a bebook, after pondering between the cybook, 505 and bebook (iliad was just too picey for me). Yes the bebook allows you to add as many folders as you see fit and categorise to your hearts content.

The bebook is a hanlin clone, so you can choose to install any hanlin firmware. For me, because I have a lot of non drm books already, the bebook gives me the best bang for buck. However drm support is not quite there yet (although they are working on new firmware to support it) and the bebook forums are quite active, plus Astek will start to sell their hanlin clones, the more clones the better - will hopefully give us a better choice of firmware. For me, I am over the moon with my bebook, absolutely love it. If drm is your priority though, maybe the 505 or cybook might be a better choice for now, although time will tell.
redbaron101 is offline   Reply With Quote