View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 08:27 PM   #3
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
If the text is already in HTML, I use this Regex, and replace one by one:

Search:

Code:
-</p>\s+<p>
Replace with nothing.

A faster way might be to use the above search and replace with a hyphen. Then go through your typical "hyphenation search" pass and fix any unneeded hyphens. I personally replace one by one just so I can double check with the PDF that a chunk of text is not missing (Most of my work is from PDF -> EPUB).

To clean up hyphens throughout the text, I use the Spellcheck function in Sigil (Tools - Spellcheck - Spellcheck (Alt+Q)). This will give you a list of every word in the book. I then insert a hyphen in the search box (See attached image).

Then I go look at the list of words with hyphens and remove them if needed. I do one pass with "Show All Words", then a pass with it unchecked (to show only words Sigil think is misspelled). And then maybe one more pass with "Show All Words" checked. In my case, these 2 or 3 passes usually catch almost all hyphenation errors throughout the book.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SigilSpellcheck.png
Views:	433
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	107324  
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote