View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 02:08 AM   #220
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
I use a single Calibre library for my about 4000 ebooks. When I enter them, I tag them immediately with my own tags and usually delete all the tags that came with them. Examples of tags are:
-regency romance
-1920s
-young adult paranormal
-spies
-Austen variation

In addition to the Calibre library, I keep a Word document that lists all my ebooks. I have all my printed books in a Word document, too, so when I want to see whether I already own a book, I need to search those two documents only.

In the Word document, the books get moved through several categories. First, when I buy them, I enter them by format in a first list. The second list (now with information on the format attached to each book) contains all the books that I have entered into Calibre. Then I collect addional bibliographical information like original publication date, publisher etc., I tag them, and then I put most of them on the Opus. (Those which don't go on the Opus get a special placeholder in the list). Once this is done, the books go on the final list. This document is fairly long, but by keeping all the books in a single document I can find out really quickly whether I've already bought an ebook or not, or in which format.

So I only open Calibre (which is a bit slow in my old PC) when I want to find out details about a book or do something else with it like split it. The Word document is available very quickly and easily.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote