View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 04:28 AM   #63
jbjb
Somewhat clueless
jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbjb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
Are you trying to read them in order? The reason I ask is because I used a list I found online and stuck to it (Running Blind is listed as book #5). The Affair (on my list order) is book #16 (arghhhh!!!) but after reading it, I realized it was a prequel to the entire series and should have been read first!

I should have investigated more reading order lists!

I'm about halfway through book #17, A Wanted Man. Pretty good, so far, but I so wish I'd read it as a follow-up to Worth Dying For.
My feeling has always been that series are best read in publication order, so prequels should be read after the books that follow them in the series' timeline but preceded them in publication.

The author will have been aware that the earlier books will already have been read by many and will write accordingly. Quite often much of the point of a prequel is casting light on later events and characters the reader has already read about.

/JB
jbjb is offline   Reply With Quote