View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 02:24 PM   #84
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Of course it doesn't work with 12.04. It was not built for 12.04 because it was built months before 12.04 was released. Unlike Windows Linux does not have any type of binary compatibility between packages created on different Distros. It doesn't even have compatibility between binaries created on different releases of the same distro. The package was created on and targeting Ubuntu 11.10.

The Linux package for 0.5.3 will not be updated as it is only provided as a convince for A) distros that have not provided their own packages and B) people who cannot compile from source. Compiling from source or a distro provided package should be preferred to the generic binary. Also, the generic Linux binary is not supported in any way shape or form.
Damm it !
Right, if i built sigil once, I should be able to do it again I guess. I should have taken notes back then though.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote