View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 07:41 PM   #37
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcp1999 View Post
One thing I found useful was to put the Kindle into diags mode using the XP machine. Then you can unplug and plug the Kindle into whatever machine you want and it will stay in diags mode. THEN, when you have it in the machine that you want it, put it into fastboot mode using the Kindle diag options D then F.
That is an excellent point. I knew this information and I have suggested it as options for some users, but I did not realize until you pointed it out that this is a simple way prevent the kindle from dropping out of fastboot mode when changing host PCs. It makes perfect sense. Just do "fastboot setvar bootmode diags" from fastboot, then from diags used the fastboot exit option to SAVE fastboot mode so it will work with any fastboot.

That should be added to the first post of the "simple debricking" thread.

Last edited by geekmaster; 03-31-2012 at 07:46 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote