View Single Post
Old 12-28-2007, 01:37 PM   #6
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJBarrow View Post
<snip>...So far I have links within the book working but not external links to other books. If anyone has any ideas of how to make this work I would appreciate it.
I can make links from one book to another within MobiPocket on my PC, however copying these books to the Gen3 and trying the link does not work
I'm sorry to say that it appears that this function is not supported. On Bookeen's software page under "hyperlink support" (http://www.bookeen.com/specs/ebook-software.aspx) it says:
Quote:
Not applicable to hyperlink which points outside the document
I was also hoping you could help me... I'm in the market for a "real" e-book reader to replace my Sony Clie TH55, and I've narrowed my choice down to these same two models. I'm *extremely* curious about some of the things you've said in your review.

When you say that the Cybook feels "flimsy," could you explain a little more? Is the housing made of plastic? I really like the metal housing on the Sony. However, what really makes me angry about the Sony is how HUGE the page margins are (and on the demo unit at Border's, I couldn't find a way to reduce them). How does the Cybook compare?

The margin limitations and the lack of Mac support may drive me to the Cybook, but I'm guessing that it has a lot of bugs to still be worked out.

Thanks for any pointers!

Curt
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote