View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 04:38 PM   #51
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
I got the Raspberry Pi running as a Google Cloud Print server today, as per murraypaul's suggestion above. I can now print from my Chromebook to my old printers (which aren't Cloud Print ready) without needing to switch on my Windows machine.

I haven't quite figured out how to make the daemon service start automatically if I reboot the Pi - at least, I know I need to create a script for the init.d folder, but my script's not working - but that's my lack of Linux knowledge, I suspect. (If anyone else has got this working I'd love to have a copy of the script!)

However, for now it's a simple matter to open a terminal window into the Pi from the Chromebook and type "cloudprint -a" if the Pi has been rebooted.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote