Thread: a few questions
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 04:23 PM   #3
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Bookeen Cybook allows you to load any True Type Font and to interactively choose any of 10 sizes of the font. Sony (both the 500 & 505) allows you to select from small, medium & large. Not as nice, IMO, as the Cybook. For me this is enough reason to go with the Cybook because peoples eyes are different and a font that is easy for you to read might not be for me.

Page turning is slow but only about as slow as a leisurely turn of the page on a pbook. Neither one takes 5 minutes to turn a page, only several seconds.

In addition the Cybook has dictionary lookup capability.

There is a "Delete" button on the Cybook but they have not yet implemented it with their software. You have to connect to a computer to delete ebooks from it. I understand that the Sony PRS-505 has delete capabilities now on the reader.

No knowledge on the Iliad, H3, or Kindle.

I don't think the Kindle allows you to upload additional fonts. Does have a dictionary, and you can delete books on the book itself (no need for a connection to a computer). Page turns seem fast to me ... maybe 2 seconds. Boot is a little slow, but not awful, and I seldom turn my unit off, so I don't go through boot that often.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote