View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 11:03 AM   #22
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
I got bit by that a long time ago. I was asked to fix a little problem on a website CGI script back in about 1996 or so. I was using Windows. The web server was using FreeBSD. In windows, the config file was shown in explorer as Config.ini, which I renamed as Config.ini.bak. Then I created a new Config.ini with the settings we needed. After uploading to the web server, the entire website broke. During a painful interlude during which the web host service provide called me an idiot, I discovered that the CGI scripts were looking for a (now missing) CONFIG.INI file. About 5 years later, the web hosting service owner who called me an idiot hired me as lead software developer and senior tech support analyst.

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-26-2012 at 01:39 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote