View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 10:39 PM   #45
firefox
MR Gen Z Representative
firefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enough

Device: Barnes & Noble NOOKclassic
I believe tomsem is talking about personal documents, i.e. ones not bought from the Amazon Kindle store or the BN NOOKbook store, in which case that is fair enough.
But isn't the legalities of doing that sort of thing legally questionable? I'd be interested in what the various publishers have to say in regards to making copies of intellectual property (possibly of dubious origins) on Amazon servers, much like their music mirroring plans.
Plus, then we have the minefield of US data laws if you live in a different country and do not accept their laws on seizing illegal data, and indeed their definition of illegal and the like. I wonder where all the Amazon servers are stored, does anybody know?
Whilst it's a non-issue for presumably most people, it's still worth consideration.

Last edited by firefox; 10-02-2011 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Edited for clarity
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote