View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 04:41 PM   #6
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by txoof View Post
Thank you! Those pictures are perfect. I can print them out and use them as templates!

I found some thicker stainless steel that I can use to craft some tougher clips from. I need to find a dremel tool for working with the stainless though. The chintzy files I have right now aren't doing much against it.
The challenge now is to design a system that latches to the side of the reader and a nice setup for holding the lights to the cover.
I don't think I'll get as fancy-pants as amazon's engineers, but something simple and hooded just above the page will serve my needs. Now that you mention it, I might want to add a switch for high and low power lighting incase I need to see the keyboard. That would be pretty trivial.
If you're feeling fancy maybe you could use an analog pot (and include a way to turn it more easily). That way, you don't have to stick with just two colors!
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote