View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 05:44 PM   #74
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibliovault View Post
Finally, our ebookstore has a smooth download for iPeople, all because of Bluefire Reader.

Thank you very VERY much, Micah and whoever else built Bluefire!

If you have an iPhone/iPod/iPad and Bluefire Reader, try requesting and downloading Chicago's October free ebook, using nothing but your iOS device the whole way, to see how much easier the direct link is.
http://www.press.uchicago.edu/ebooks/free_ebook.html

Loving Little Egypt, by Thomas McMahon - it's a good read. File is scanned PDF (a bit big), and requires Adobe ID.

(Let me know if you hit any snags, please!)
Worked like a charm (once I figured out that I needed to get the download link via email).

PDF navigation seems a little balky, at least with this one, especially when I tried zooming in a bit (to try to trim margins).

BTW, I tried side-loading a B&N book to BFR (by copying the file from Nook4iOS's documents folder using iPhone Explorer), but it did not work (BFR politely refused to open it). ADE will not open it, either (gave a error message) - but I think it might be a step behind DRM-wise. I was able to open the file using Nook for PC, so there's nothing wrong with the file. Fortunately, I haven't actually bought any ebooks from B&N (and don't intend to) so this is a non issue for me. However, it is an annoying feature of the DRM terrain right now.

Last edited by tomsem; 10-14-2010 at 05:57 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote