Thread: PRS-T1 Modified Sony home screen
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 03:13 AM   #435
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
With some help and suggestions from this thread, I've tracked this down to user error.

The epub I was looking at, a Calibre converted Kindle book, had the following spread through the css:
Code:
font-family: "Times New Roman", "serif";
Removing those and all is good! I had thought that I was looking at the font specified in my default.css when I was actually looking at the default T1 font, and for this reason had thought that my default.css was working as expected.

Calibre has a option under Look & Feel/Filter Style Information to remove font style information. I haven't tried that yet, but suspect it would have helped.

A quick look through my library shows 139 books out of 462 have a font-family: reference. A number of these are just font-family: Serif so I can ignore them, but there are a number I'll go and have a further peek at.

I guess there must be a CSS way to override something like font-family: "Times New Roman"? More ideally, I'm looking for something that can say "if there's no embedded font, then override the font". For example, I wouldn't want to override the Fontin font in Jelby's Three Men in a Boat epub.

Cheers,
Simon.