View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 05:41 PM   #57
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I just bought Smart Writing Tool - 7Notes HD Premium, appadvice.com's "essential app for those wanting to use their iPads to handwrite notes and then convert them to text."

I wasn't impressed.

The site says of my favorite, WritePad, that, "The handwriting conversion process is slow and thus makes writing awkward in full screen mode." I haven't found that to be the case at all. WritePad is fast on my iPad (perhaps because I've set the conversion time to the minimum) and I find writing with it in full screen mode to be a joy. Smart Writing Tool by contrast uses an input text window and has no full screen option. It's slow and cumbersome and in no way acts as a stimulus to the free flow of ideas. Let's just say that I also, like you, "strongly disagree with some of their evaluations," and may I add, double Pff!

Off-Topic corner:
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
On a completely unrelated topic, Appadvice also has a page about the best Bible apps.
I wouldn't trust their advice on Bible apps any more than their advice on handwriting apps. Full disclosure here: I haven't tried any of them, but I know that Logos is one of the biggest names in Bible Software for PCs and is used in many seminaries. That doesn't mean their iPad app is all that great, but I find it interesting that appadvice.com only rates their app as 'Decent'.

FWIW, for researching the Bible on my desktop I use BibleWorks, also one of the heavy-hitters, but they don't appear to have an app.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 07-09-2012 at 05:53 PM. Reason: added "that"
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote