View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 12:40 PM   #443
JensW
Enthusiast
JensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trolls

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
See Tesseract screenshot. I entered what you did in the example but got confused. When you mention editing the variable it goes from 'user' to 'system' on your screenshots so no clue what to do.

Screenshot of language file also included.
If you chose "G" as the OCR-method it will use GOCR no matter what and it doesn't matter if you have the tessaract files or not.

without wanting to promote myself: you could try my windows GUI (see my post above). Just start the program, enter the path to your k2pdfopt.exe, go to the OCR-Tab, check "Enable OCR", select "Tessaract" from the Dropdown menu, click on the "Get language file button" to download the correct file for your language. extract this file to a directory of your choice and enter this directory into the "Tessaract language file directory"-textbox (make sure to check this option too).

then you just need to drag/drop your pdf files to the files list and click start. it will set the correct environment variable itself (needs administrator rights) and convert your files.

best regards
Jens

PS: Just asking around: In the past I have deliberatly not included any online functionality into my GUI as to not scare anyone. The thing is, it could really help a ton. I could update commands pretty much on the fly, could download tessaract files automatically, extract them and set the correct folder and the like.
Would you mind the program connecting to the net and would want it to stay "offline" or would you appreciate such functions?

Last edited by JensW; 06-10-2013 at 12:44 PM.
JensW is offline   Reply With Quote