View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 01:26 PM   #132
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito View Post
Which binary from this site? This one?
MPlayer 1.0rc4-4.4.5 (C) 2000-2010 MPlayer Team
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...7&d=1297101459

On page 7 of this thread other people also describe the higher CPU usage of this binary compared to the fbdev one. I would like to know how I can compile it like fbdev, he did not mention any source changes.

His binary:
MPlayer 1.0rc4-4.2.1 (C) 2000-2010 MPlayer Team
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...4&d=1318198574

Using -O2 instead of -O4 uses 40% cpu instead of 30% cpu. I just watch it in top for a minute. fbdev's uses 10%.

I use MPlayer-1.0rc4 source, same as other two until I can figure out the magic of the low cpu use.
MPlayer 1.0rc4-4.2.1 (C) 2000-2010 MPlayer Team
My binary ends up with the same CPU use as the binary in this thread. But that is 3x as high as the fbdev one.

All use the libasound on the kindle as far as I know. Mine was compiled against 1.0.13 just like the build.sh suggests. I read it as a list of instructions.
The difference between binaries suggests that the faster one uses hardware fpu. Try to recompile with "--with-float=softfp"

Code:
$ readelf -A mplayer
Attribute Section: aeabi
File Attributes
  Tag_CPU_name: "ARM1136J-S"
  Tag_CPU_arch: v6
  Tag_ARM_ISA_use: Yes
  Tag_THUMB_ISA_use: Thumb-1
  Tag_VFP_arch: VFPv2
  Tag_ABI_PCS_wchar_t: 4
  Tag_ABI_FP_denormal: Needed
  Tag_ABI_FP_exceptions: Needed
  Tag_ABI_FP_number_model: IEEE 754
  Tag_ABI_align8_needed: Yes
  Tag_ABI_align8_preserved: Yes, except leaf SP
  Tag_ABI_enum_size: int
  Tag_ABI_HardFP_use: SP and DP
Remember also about optimization options in mplayer configure script. Choose right ones for your processor:
Code:
  --enable-armv5te          enable DSP extensions (ARM) [autodetect]
  --enable-armv6            enable ARMv6 (ARM) [autodetect]
  --enable-armv6t2          enable ARMv6t2 (ARM) [autodetect]
  --enable-armvfp           enable ARM VFP (ARM) [autodetect]
  --enable-vfpv3            enable ARM VFPV3 (ARM) [autodetect]
  --enable-neon             enable NEON (ARM) [autodetect]
  --enable-thumb            enable THUMB (ARM) [autodetect]
  --enable-iwmmxt           enable iWMMXt (ARM) [autodetect]

Last edited by baf; 05-10-2013 at 01:33 PM.
baf is offline   Reply With Quote