View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 01:56 PM   #9
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardBrazee View Post
That page has lots of files to download that I don't understand. Instructions say:
Place the ePub.qlgenerator file into /Library/QuickLook (for all users) or ~/Library/QuickLook (for the current user only).

But I'm not finding a file by that name.
Download this zip file. Double-click it to extract the Quicklook generator - it'll be a Lego-brick shaped icon called "epub.qlgenerator" or just "epub" if you have configured Finder to hide file extensions.

Select the file icon and click Edit>Copy.

Now click Go>Go to folder...

A sheet will drop down saying "Go to the folder:"

Type in (without the quotes) "/Library/QuickLook/" and click Go.

If that succeeds, it'll show the folder containing other installed Quicklook plugins. Click Edit>Paste.

You may get prompted for an administrator name and password. Enter them.

That should have installed the plugin. As the README says, there are a couple of ways to make the Mac start using it - logging out and in is simple. Rebooting is another option. The last option is to open Terminal.app and type in:

Code:
qlmanage -r
and hit return. (That's what I do.) That will tell 'quicklookd' to rescan all the Quicklook folders for new plugins.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote