View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 12:25 PM   #48
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmspen View Post
I downloaded DiskAid and moved my book from my PC to my iPhone. This was the same file I had put on my Kindle and opened with Kindle for PC. The sync works great between the Kindle and the PC, but the iPhone doesn't want to play.

I'll try a different book and see what happens (time was limited yesterday).

Also, DiskAid seems to be a competent program. I had 2 other explorer type programs (iPhone Explorer and iDisk) instaled. Neither would allow me to put a book in a Kindle folder. iPhone folders doesn't work on a 64 bit Win7 machine. Seems like $9.90 will be money well spent.
1. Are you converting the book in Calibre? I forget which version of Calibre added the ASIN to the file. I use the latest version of Calibre.

2. Was the book already on your iphone? If so did you delete it first?

3. You added it to the Kindle\library\ebooks folder, correct?

I remember someone else posting that they had to restart their iphone for the book to sync. I have not had this problem, but I have not had the Kindle App running in the background when I added books.

Hopefully you will get this working. Post back and let us know. Maybe someone will have the correct answer.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote