View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 07:26 AM   #14
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by omk3 View Post
Quote by Eben Moglen, wikipedia:

So, will we have to be reduced to changing the titles and metadata of our de-drmed books so that they won't be detected? Or stop buying drm at all? (good option) Because I sure as hell am not going to buy anything twice just because it's 'illegal' to move it to another device.
It's up to creators as well, in fact I'd say it's imperative that creators fight back against DRM and copyright at this moment in time. I know my own journey through this has brought me to a position where I'm now questioning any copyright at all, even the adjustments made by creative commons. Seems to me that copyright now is just a codified way of remaining afraid of the inevitable push toward all out freedom without restriction. I know that the way my mind is working at the moment, I can't imagine not putting work out into the public domain (although I am investigated the AGPL as an option).
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote