View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 05:59 PM   #1
Bismarn
Borders eReaders (Ret)
Bismarn knows the way to San Jose.Bismarn knows the way to San Jose.Bismarn knows the way to San Jose.Bismarn knows the way to San Jose.Bismarn knows the way to San Jose.Bismarn knows the way to San Jose.Bismarn knows the way to San Jose.Bismarn knows the way to San Jose.Bismarn knows the way to San Jose.Bismarn knows the way to San Jose.Bismarn knows the way to San Jose.

Device: Sony PRS-700
How to Flash Firmware / Remove DEMO mode

I have both an old demo PRS-505 and 700 that were junked but I've repaired. Both have Demo firmwares for use in kiosks, so some of the functionality is limited. The Sony software will recognize and work with them, but will not update the firmware to normal releases. Manually trying to update the firmware doesn't work as the updater will claim the device is up to date. Of course using any of the hard reset tricks also doesn't work.

I've read around the forums people talking about flashing the devices to install some kind of homebrew firmware. I would be happy just to know how to flash the darn things period and put the regular firmware on. Where can I go for instructions? Thanks.
Bismarn is offline   Reply With Quote