View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 04:00 PM   #10
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
I am back from the library. It worked.

The library Wifi is totally open, and the Nook got through and registered. So at least the thing is alive.

Support your local library. They have far more to offer than just books for your eReader.

After I got home, I tried the home Wifi, and it still fails. So there is something amiss on my home network that is only affecting the Nook and nothing else. That is strange because last night we definitely saw that it had a connection with the router. It cannot get to the internet.

Thanks to everyone for the information. I will go look for ports 80 and 443 to see if the router is somehow blocking them. Meanwhile, I will sideload some PD books to read. If I want to purchase a book I can always do it at the library.

This is a really great forum.

Banjo
(_)=='=~
P.S. I just looked up 80 and 443 and found they are HTTP and HTTPS. So I guess if they are blocked nothing would work. Still a puzzle.
If you want to diagnose the problem, try WireShark, it's a network sniffer and you will see where the nook is trying to send its packets, and how far they go. You can then ping the server the nook is trying to reach and see what you get.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote