View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 11:18 AM   #25
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
For as much as people are not big fans of Amazon (I get it, big company, don't like the format, don't like the labor practices to name a few reasons) their customer service is top notch. Kindles are replaced quickly the vast majority of the time. People are offered a less expensive Kindle if their Kindle is out of warranty. Some people have even been offered free Kindles out of warranty (typically, people with multpile Kindles and who buy a ton of books).

I get that it is not the device for everyone and I get wanting to try something new. I suspect the day will come when I do the same thing. I have found my Kindles to be durable and the customer service excellent. I hate the Kindle App on the iPad and wish Amazon would build something decent, collections would be nice to have Amazon.

The reality is that the major e-readers all have pretty much the same features and survive for about the same amount of time. They have all had their issues when a new model is released. Kobo tends to have a bit more more problems with the software than the others but that seems to have been diminished.

Many people, myself included, are attached to a specific brand because it has worked well for us. You should buy a device that works best for you. For me, that is Amazon because my Kindles have worked great and I enjoy Amazon's customer service. For others, that is Sony or Nook or Kobo. (shrugs)

Buy what makes you happy.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote