View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 04:22 AM   #18
alyxie
Enthusiast
alyxie considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alyxie considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alyxie considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alyxie considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alyxie considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alyxie considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alyxie considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alyxie considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alyxie considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alyxie considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.alyxie considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: none
Thanks everyone for the input so far. I think ultimately from this thread that I might be looking for a Sony even with the collections interface being not as good as I like. Second consideration would be BeBook.

My problem is that I did not even take my Kindle out of my bedroom much. I, however, did change the content of the hard drive twice a week and on the average I read at least two to three hours a day on weekdays and five to ten hours a day on weekends.

I think I might have totaled the hard drive.

@AnneT BeBook sounds great may research it. Is the battery removable?

@dakini Yes, in some ways I think they might not want to make a device with longevity in mind. Sometimes, I wonder if I should opt out for a tablet or just reading off a Samsung phone as my sister's Samsung phone is at least 4 years old.

@pdurrant I have knocked or dropped my Kindle once or twice over the years but always on the bed so it's mostly hard usage that broke it, maybe battery or hard drive.

@AnemicOak Great suggestion.

@gurion, RCR, Agama Sony looks more and more like my kind of e-reader.

@SweetPea I'll be considering the suggestions. Those seem viable.

@ProfCrash, susan_cassidy, jbcohen I think I'm a little burnt off the Kindle family for now.

@Rizla I'll keep that in mind.

@Teknikal I think that would be a factor for me as well since I'm a hard user.

@EowynCarter Yes, I'm already plotting a long Calibre session with my fanfics.

Last edited by alyxie; 12-16-2012 at 05:54 AM.
alyxie is offline   Reply With Quote