View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 07:46 AM   #18
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
I've switched my account to the US address.
Now both Kindle Fire HDs (7" from Germany, 8.9" from the US) show the US store, even lovefilm US.
When switching back to Germany, strange enough the 7" Fire HD from Germany shows lovefilm Germany. The 8.9" Fire HD from the US does not.
And the 8.9" Fire HD from the US then doesn't show some links in the shop (in the Kindle UI, not the website) as well: Videos and Music don't exist then.

Hmmm....
Somehow it's not only about the account and residence, as both Fires are registered to the same account and the same country. Still the 8.9" Fire HD from the US somehow seems to "remember" his origins.

Anyway...
If I don't find any new hurdles, for example lovefilm showing the films but not playing them outside of the US, I'll stick to the US account.
Only downside I've found so far: Some purchases have international fees, for example daily newspaper transfers. But this only would apply to 3G, which wouldn't work on the US Fire HD outside of the US anyway...

All a bit confusing...
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote