Thread: tables or svg?
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 02:25 PM   #9
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabe View Post
I disagree. Currently, if you want a book to look good on the iPad, you must go along with Apple's implementation. To put a book out there that looks bad just to show Apple is a foolish move. It is far better to request modifications to their specs through iTunes Connect. - Fabe
I disagree. As long as you need to break the standard just because some company decides to ignore the standard, it is a wrong decision. If you adapt to non-standard, the company will feel that it is right in its decision and will continue to break standard. How long has it taken Microsoft to adapt to web-standards, it still isn't there.

What really bothers me, is the arrogance of a company that it feels that the standard is wrong and instead of trying to change the standard, it just breaks it and ignores it. Alas Apple has a tendency to do that, just like Microsoft. They just act like they invented the stuff.

If both the creators and readers willingly accept the breaking of the standard, they will not change their ways. If a book will not read as intended on the iPad, but it follows the standard, the creator of the book is not at fault. Apple is.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote