View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 08:05 PM   #99
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Can you imagine buying a pbook and a week later they force you to use a new edition, where every fifth page is stuck together? Or for some reason, turning the page takes three times as long as before. and then they force you to take yet another edition, where the only difference is the pbook now contains some social facetube crap.

If the goal is "to just read the book", then stop forcing releases that don't let us.
John if you don't like Kobo forcing their latest version of the firmware on you (and I can certainly understand why you feel this way) then stop syncing.
Download your books as epubs and then side load them onto your Kobo. It's quite simple - the downside for those who read on multiple devices is that the second device won't know what page you are up to but as I read different books on different devices this is not a problem for me.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote