View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 10:44 PM   #2
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackorama View Post
I would like to watch video from TV networks websites, but the browser doesn't support flash. Is there a browser that does support flash and works well with the Vox?
Opera Mobile supports Flash, and works well on the Vox. I think the browser that ships on the Vox supports Flash as well, but you will need to download the Flash plugin (which is getting harder to find these days).

Quote:
All I could find was more of a VLC streaming app. I just want to view from a micro SD card. Is there a good app that works like VLC Player that works well with the Vox?
You should be able to view videos using the Gallery app that ships with your Vox. VLC is also available, but it was buggy the last time I tried it.

Quote:
I then looked into AV's, because I read somewhere if you are going on-line you need to be protected.
You shouldn't need anti-virus for your Vox. This is particularly true if you download your apps from trusted sources (e.g. Google Play).

Quote:
And last, If I am using these I guess I should have a decent file manager. Any recommendations for a file manager app?
I like ES File Explorer, other people seem to like ASTRO.

Quote:
I have been looking on Google Play since that is the app on the Vox. Can you get apps from other locations too that work on the Vox?
Yes, but it is best to stick to Google Play unless you understand permissions.

Quote:
I guess a lot of my problem is when choosing apps there is so many that it becomes over whelming. User reviews seem all over the place because one app is being used on many devices.
I typically look at positive and negative reviews, and try to figure out what is actually being said.