View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 04:24 PM   #14
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Check out the ebook viewer in calibre. It has a reference mode where when you mouse over a paragraph it gives you a unique paragraph number. You can navigate directly to these paragraph numbers by entering them in the location bar.
Brilliant as with everything else you do! If that became the "gold standard" of publishing, I could see future scholars looking back at how it used to be in the olden days when they had static paper books with numbered pages and non-changeable fonts.

Since I'm no longer an e-device user and had to trade to laptop in order to see the pages, I've experimented with eReader and Mobipocket. They both handle pagination differently, but neither is as good as my gone-but-beloved EB-1150. It had the status bar scroll, with 0 at one end and at the other end of the bar had 947 (however many pages), and your page number in the little oval that scrolled along. So for my machine, at any time, I could tell you that I was on page 234 of 947 pages. That was exact, unless I changed font sizes. Then I might be on page 156 of 678, but I still knew where I was in the book.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote