Thread: Kobo Tweaks
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #150
JonnyXDA
Android Developer
JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.JonnyXDA can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefjan View Post
@JonnyXDA and @giorgio130

Maybe you already know, but i wasted some time on it myself, so i want to share it with you in case it might speed up things: one of the things you might want to check is the QT_BUILD_KEY. I tried to compile something myself using the plugin interface as shown in the examples on github - kobolabs and what blocked me was the fact that QT only loads libraries via the plugin interface provided the QT_BUILD_KEY present in your .so matches the one present in the QT libraries on your kobo.

After building qt 4.8.0 (the one from github - kobolabs) including the patches present there, i manually modified the key in these files:

include/QtCore/qconfig.h
include/Qt/qconfig.h

Code:
// #define QT_BUILD_KEY "arm linux g++-4 no-pkg-config QT_NO_QWS_CURSOR QT_NO_QWS_QPF2"
#define QT_BUILD_KEY "arm qws/linux kobo-g++ no-pkg-config QT_NO_QWS_CURSOR QT_NO_QWS_QPF2"
without the change my .so was not picked up. Since Tweaks also relies on the plugin interface you might have to do something similar (i think)
Did you have to make any changes to get Qt 4.8.0 to compile? I switched to a dual boot on my main PC because the VM I was running ubuntu in previously was just too slow and since then, I am having problems getting Qt 4.8.0 to compile - even when using the change posted 2 posts up, 4.6.2 compiles fine though
JonnyXDA is offline   Reply With Quote