View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 08:46 AM   #118
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
My experience shipping from the USA to Canada has been outrageous. I assume the same situation exists shipping from Europe to North America. Perhaps America-based posters could share their experiences?

The brokerage / customs & clearance fee that UPS charges is in addition to import taxes. When I ship to Canada using normal American mail (USPS--United States Postal Service), I am never charged brokerage. It is a UPS scam.

ups brokerage fees scam

UPS/FedEx Brokerage Fee – avoid scam

Please bear in mind that in all probability if I cannot find an alternative to shipping to Canada with UPS, I will not buy from you, and I do want to buy from you. I do not trust UPS. They are a dreadful courier. They overcharge and do not deliver when scheduled after I have taken a day off work to be there (without apology). I suggest you google UPS SUCKS.

One alternative may be to offer a non-courier postage option with shipping insurance.
Following your links I have found this document: https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...,d.ZGU&cad=rja where the UPS brokerage rates are quite detailed explained.

I have additionally contacted UPS for explanation and they told me that indeed with "brokerage fees" they mean not just import taxes. To be able to know what could be charged to our customers in the USA and Canada on duties and taxes additionally I would like to ask you guys to publish here screen shots of your UPS invoices with decoding of those brokerage fees.
E.g. those mentioned above $21.72 could be indeed just import taxes, since it looks like just 6,7% of value of imported goods..
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote