View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 10:42 PM   #1
xxidareyoutofly2
xxidareyoutofly2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9 32GB
E-Book covers on Kindle Fire HD 8.9

I have searched for an answer to my problem and have not had any success at all, so this is hopefully the last place I have to look for an answer!

I just bought a Kindle Fire HD 8.9 32GB (not the 4G version). It's running the most updated firmware. I'm running Calibre on a Windows 7 system.

I used to have a regular Kindle Fire and could use Calibre to put cover images of books on my device, so I assumed I'd be able to do the same to the Kindle Fire HD. I was wrong... almost.

When I select 'Books' on the Kindle Fire HD, I see a grid list of all of my books with their pretty, colorful book covers, just as I should see them. But once I select a book and it shows up on my carousel, the story isn't the same. I get this bland grayed out image that is Amazon standard that has the book title and author.

Why can I see the book covers in the grid list when combined with all of the other books (and even in my 'favorites' list) but not when they are in the carousel? I'm a very visual person so this just gets on my nerves.

I have tried reconverting and messing with all kinds of Calibre settings. I even tried converting to AZW3 instead of MOBI, but I just cannot figure this one out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
xxidareyoutofly2 is offline   Reply With Quote