Thread: Touch Nook STR Sync?
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 12:31 PM   #9
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
The sync question brings up another.

First, yes it should sync automatically as does Kindle for Android and iBooks on iOS. One reason is the nookcolor screen has dead spots. If a button is in a dead spot then it would be an issue. It probably won't affect stock apps but if the nookcolor is rooted then even the Nook for Android app is hindered by dead spots.

So the second question, does the STR have dead spots on the screen?

Explanation: By dead spot I mean a part of the screen that is unresponsive to touch. A major flaw for a touch screen interface.
I haven't found any yet. As the "touch" tech is actually infrared from around the edge of the frame, there shouldn't be. The screen isn't registering your touch, the infrared from the surrounding frame is. You don't actually have to physically touch the screen to draw a response, if you hover close enough to the surface for the IR to pick it up. You can fully remove margins, such that your text takes up the whole screen, and i've been able to touch highlight the whole thing, from top to bottom, right at the edges.

Don't know if this answers your question specifically, but hope it helps.
astrangerhere is online now   Reply With Quote