View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 05:31 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by teanoah View Post
I really would love to help myself, honestly. I know the best help is self help, but the problem that I've had with book designer was that after using the tutorial and getting the actual book finished, I always encountered a problem with the last step. When I click on make ebook I always get an error message that says failed to make sony reader file. I don't know whats wrong. I tried making two ebooks and after all the time spent fixing it up I always get the same darn message.

Do you have any idea whats wrong and what I can do to correct it? I really would like to make my own ebooks and not have to always bother everyone else.

Thanks Patricia
If you have originally installed Book Designer properly using the 4.0 MSI file, go to the Sony Reader Content forum and find the sticky that has the Book Designer files, download the 07/30/2007 update, copy all the files over into your Book Designer directory, go find the sticky on Book Cleaner (maybe in the same forum subsection) and install the book cleaner files and set them up. Then have a go.

The original 07/30/2007 update was incomplete so when you updated from 4.0, making Sony Reader files did not work. I've fixed that with the update available here.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote