Thread: Troubleshooting Kindle Paperwhite zooming probelm
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 08:07 AM   #8
sevenkul
sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.sevenkul is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajjad76 View Post
what are other problems?
What was that other dummy series book?
I had a look at Arabic for Dummies sample PDF. Each PDF book has its own zoom problems. I avoided documenting all of the bugs so far since they have no standard and no basis and no definite number.

When you double tap on the screen, it is expected that kindle zooms to the column you have double tapped and leave no margin on the right and left. However it doesn't always work. It sometimes zooms to a word or even a character which fills the screen.

Anyway, once you succeded to zoom to column correctly, you can view the rest of the column by one tapping, like simple page turning. At least this is what I expect. However, again it zooms to any random word anywhere on the page.

When you zoom by double finger action, you have to fit the page on the screen. Characters should be big enough to be readible but the lines must be visible on the screen. You have to be punctual. You can't scroll to see the rest of each line. Slow screen and processor multiplies the problem.

Once you zoom, you can scroll by hand to see rest of the page. However, you can't jump to second page on that zoom level. You have to exit zoom view and zoom on the next page. Try again adjusting correct zoom level.

Zooming triggers low memory errors. On some PDF books you mustn't play with zooming. Otherwise you will have to restart the device.
sevenkul is offline   Reply With Quote