View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 09:55 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by innogen View Post
I downloaded and installed the latest version of Calibre 0.8.24 for Microsoft Windows 7 (English).

I launched the installed software and added an ebook. After reading it, I clicked "Remove books" (the one with the three green arrows) to remove it.

I noticed a new folder was created on my drive partition. It is named "Calibre v0.8.4" (without quotes). There is a sub-folder called "Library" (without quotes) which contains a file called "metadata.db" (without quotes) whose size is 126KB.

How do prevent Calibre v0.8.24 from creating the folder called Calibre v.0.8.4?

Thanks in advance for your help.
That is NOT normal

the program folder is calibre2
There are TMP folders created (normally hidden in Windows). they all have _tmp_ as part of their name
the installer is a FILE: calibre-0.8.24.msi

I highly reccomend that you ONLY get Calibre from the official site. Who knows what a 3rd party has included
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote