View Single Post
Old 01-11-2005, 11:56 PM   #2
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
My take on MacWorld 2005

Hey All,

Just finished watching the keynote and I have to say bravo! I've been needing a new mac (I think but my wife doesn't ). The imac mini is just seriously cool...I'm drooling as I write this. It has so many possibilities. Think about this scenario you have a monitor, keyboard, and mouse set up at work, at home and at pretty much anywhere anyone has a computer to be frank. You carry your imac mini in your backpack and use your mac from pretty much anywhere there is another computer set up. Disconnect the cables and plug them into your imac mini and there you go. I'm loving it! The price and what's included is awesome $499 for the imac mini which has a cdrw drive and a dvd player, 40 gigs of hd space, a fast processor, 256mb of memory, osx, the new version of ilife and did I say this before...the freaking price. Damn I want one. When steve pulled it out and showed us how small it was my jaw dropped. I was like holy s%it.

When Steve showed us the graphs of market share regarding online music stores and sales for the ipod I was blown away.

I have mixed feelings about the ipod shuffle. I mean its cool for people who do not have an ipod or infact a palm. I mean we're kind of spoiled with palm and pocket pc's we have a kind of ipod already with a memory card and a music player. I guess the integration with itunes is what is the selling point. The ipod shuffle has an auto fill option through itunes which allows you to set itunes to fill up the ipod shuffle depending on certain parameters. We could do that with our palm/pocket pc but it requires a bit of dragging and dropping. The ipod shuffle functions as a flash drive as well. We as palm/pocket pc users are spoiled in this sense as well. We can use our palm/pocket pc as an external flash drive on any computer using add on programs on our palm/pocket pc's (is this true for pocket pc's?). The ipod shuffle is cool for those users who can't afford an ipod, don't have a palm/pocket pc and are new at the whole mp3 player thing.

A whole new program caught my eye as well called pages. Pages is the new word processor for mac that has a bucket load of functionality and integration with the whole ilife application set. I was impressed by Steve's presentation on it and the demonstration that one of his developers did.

I was also kind of impressed with the dashbar and all of the widgets that you can have open at the same time in the background and switch to them to check on them whenever you have a minute without stopping you from getting your work done (long sentence I know).

All in all the new product line and the future of mac integration is promising. I was impressed by this macworld.

PS Did you notice Steve saying boom! and Mere Mortals alot? LOL
Zire is offline   Reply With Quote