View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 03:04 AM   #12
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
The iLiad i am comparing it to is one of the first V2 iLiads. So it is a couple of months old, and the screens of the brand new ones are a tiny bit brighter.

What really mazed me, is how sharp the iLiads letters look. And how continuously black the black is. The CyBook display has speckles of dark in the white and the other way around. I hardly notice that on the iLiad. Its strongly noticeable in the status bar of the CyBook. Now i do not know, if i maybe got a faulty CyBook, but i am guessing not.

The software of the CyBook on te other hand has lots of features i wish the iLiad had. And i like its weight and battery runtime. I miss buttons at either side of the CyBook to conveniently flip pages while reading with one hand. The iLiads flipbar has really grown on to me. And the button of the CyBook is too small, i accidentally hit the confirm button alot. And while holding the CyBook i often press one of the side buttons. Thats as annoying as hitting one of the iLiads category buttons on accident.

I have to get a good camera and see if i can get the speckles show up on an image.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote