View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 11:07 AM   #94
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Sounds like you would probably like Steven Brust's Vlad Taltos series, and I highly recommend Garth Nix's Abhorsen trilogy. If you like contemporary fantasy, I'd recommend Patricia Briggs and maybe Charles de Lint (though he may be a bit slow for you). If you are considering Harry Potter, I would recommend Jonathan Stroud's Bartimaeus trilogy, Diana Wynne Jones, particularly the Chrestomanci books, Garth Nix's Keys to the Kingdom series, and possibly Diane Duane's Young Wizards. You might also like Tamora Pierce's Tortall books.

Since you're not really enjoying Le Guin, I would suggest that you steer away from C.J. Cherryh's fantasy, as well as Patricia McKillip, and Robin McKinley is likely to be chancy for you as well, though you might like The Blue Sword. (These are all authors/books I really liked, but their pace and style more resembles Le Guin than the others I mentioned.)

Happy reading!
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote