View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 10:24 AM   #36
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Eg, the scene in Exodus (I forget the reference, but I'm sure you know the bit I mean) where Moses goes to Pharoah's court and requests him to let the Israelites leave. Pharoah's magicians turn their staffs into snakes, and stuff like that. Of course, Moses counters them with better tricks, but there's absolutely no suggestion that what the others are doing is not "real magic".

I wonder how the fundamentalists would counter that?
There are examples of approved biblical figures performing divination, as well. I know a member of the faculty here who is quite bright and usually quite logical, and he honestly believes there are no contradictions in the Bible. I can't answer for that viewpoint, as I don't hold it myself.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote