View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 08:37 AM   #48
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SampleAndy View Post
Just a heads up. I found out the hard way that a Fire HD won't get enough power from a standard computer USB port, but I figured I'd be good with one of my K3 power adapters. Well, it works, but that little sucker gets pretty toasty. You might want to think twice about not doing that, or at least doing it someplace where it won't be a fire (lol pun NOT intended) hazard.
Andy
Going from memory, the e-ink Kindle chargers provide about 1 amp or a little less. The Fire HD and other tablets want to pull about 2 amps which is what a tablet charger provides. So your Fire HD will still probably charge very slowly from the K3 charger.
I've been using my wife's iPad charger to charge the Fire HD and it works fine.

Also, you may want to check your computer and see if one of the USB ports is powered. For example, my MacBook Pro has two USB ports. The one closest to the back is powered but the other is not....so anytime I use my computer for charging, the powered port gets the job as it can provide more amps.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote