View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #380
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
I love listening to audiobooks when I'm travelling. (I get moetion sickness so I can't read, even if I'm not driving.)
I have enjoyed several audiobooks that I seriously doubt I would have read as books, thanks to great narrators. I can only listen to them for a maximum of maybe 20-30 minutes at a time, or my mind wanders off somewhere and I have no clue what went on in the book. That does not happen to me when I'm reading books! When I'm reading something good I completely lose the outside world!
I like audio books when I am driving. It is better than music when you are driving and are tired.
I am sorry you get motion sickness. Have you tried Dramamine for it? My wife gets vertigo occasionally and Dramamine really helps.
My father was military and I grew up traveling and reading in a car. Motion sickness would have been unbearable for me.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote