View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 09:18 AM   #4
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancoisL View Post
I am very interested in improved TTS for the M92. I would definitely PAY to get a better TTS engine and a few voices.

I hope that Onyx-Boox.com will offer the TTS engine to all owners of M92s.
Onyx-boox.com is a promoting and distributing channell of Arta Tech (Polish company).
IVONA is also a Polish company. Thus it is easier for them to collaborate.

As you can see Onyx-boox.com is also selling M92 Black Pearl with IVONA licence at a quite higher price (333 EUR for device plus 39 EUR for cover - 372 EUR), than ereader-store.de does (348 EUR incl.that cover). This might be because of those licence additional costs. I don't know. But I dont think the customers were really glad to see price increasing of M92 because of some third party licences.

We are in contact to IVONA and are looking for a solution now, but they don't seem to be very cooperative. We have offered to IVONA to get that plugin for free and if someone needs TTS - he could just buy a voice he likes by IVONA directly. I hope it works somehow. (This business model could working with SVOX right now but I like voices of IVONA much better).

The biggest client of Onyx in Russia is selling M92 without audio hardware now. So Onyx is actually not that much interested in developing TTS at the moment.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote