View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 01:15 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
I got, and took back, this week a Sony505. I loved it. I still love it. But it had two big problems - I'm on a Mac, and so I had to run the software through parallels if I wanted to use any purchased content. And not only did they have crappy selection, the software was slow, buggy, and a pain to use. Also, and importantly, the device had neither a search feature nor the ability to get things like newspapers and magazines on it easily (if at all in some cases.) I mean, sure... Libprs made getting the New York Times a breeze, but I still had to download it in one program, go to another program and add it, and then sync it with the device. However, if I wanted the Atlantic or something without an full RSS feed - I was SOL.
And if you want something Amazon doesn't have a subscription for, you are SOL^2
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote