View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 07:37 PM   #705
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Finder hides directories... but you can turn it off. If you use terminal you can see all of the files.

BOb
I tried to pack an Omnigraffle file. On the 'Explorer' (or whatever it's called in Mac OS X) it only showed one file. As I wasn't willing to pay 40 USD for a compression program i was playing around with a Unix tool (installed with fink) and that was the horror. And as I got the impression you have to pay extra for every Mac OS X program that wasn't included in the OS I quickly moved on.

I like a logical simple system but Mac OS X (and partly Windows 7) is simple on the surface but if you want to do something deeper you're lost in the obfuscation.

That's perhaps the main reason I'm working with Linux. There you've got transparency and you know if something got wrong it was probably your fault .

Anyway, enough offtopic discussion.

Last edited by joblack; 03-01-2010 at 07:47 PM.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote