View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 02:58 AM   #6
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdma View Post
... I also found this, a python example to add books to a shelf, complete with OAuth...
Thanks for continuing the legwork on this one and also to Kovid for his thoughts which have confirmed a few things. If there is no need for any intermediary website and the OAuth Python library does the job then that does "only" leave the throughput issues. We'll see what sort of response you can get on that - it clearly isnt worthwhile doing unless more than one person can use the plugin at a time

If the T&C only apply to DevKey and not OAuth calls then we can probably get away with it for just your desired feature of adding to a shelf. We could just make the user specify the shelf name as part of the configuration preferences, rather than say giving them a popup dialog of "choosing a shelf" in response to the right-click. I don't think you could add too many other features to the plugin without DevKey support though, it was pretty integral to any kind of "read" query against GoodReads from the quick look I had.

Look forward to any clarification you are able to glean on that throughput stuff and see what happens...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote